At Limelight Software, we realize the importance of protecting your personal information and guarantee to process it responsibly and in compliance with applicable data protection laws. This Privacy Statement describes Limelight Software’s general privacy practices that apply to the personal information we collect, use, and share about consumers and other individuals with our employees, clients, partners, suppliers.
Collecting Personal Information
We may collect your personal information in the following circumstances
- Accessing and using our office website
When accessing Limelight Software’s website, we will record the data necessary to provide you with access. This may include name, email address, company name. This information will be used (upon customer request only) to set up your account so you can get access to the Customer portal.
Some data may be collected automatically when visiting our website. Such data may include Internet protocol address (IP), pages you visit, files/videos accessed, timestamp, a device used, location.
Collected data will help Limelight Software improve, maintain, and further develop additional products and services.
- Responding to your request for information or support request
If you contact us online or by email, we collect the information necessary to fulfill your request. We might collect your name, email address, phone number, title, company name, details about your request to provide product information or service. We will retain this information during the period of our relationship.
- When we establish a business relationship
When we establish a business relationship, we collect your personal information to maintain our business relationship, and we will retain this information for the period of our business relationship.
- Using Limelight Software’s application (Limelight)
- Visitor information
We register visitors to our office, and we will collect at least your name during your visit to our office.
When we indicate that we use your information regarding your request, transaction, or agreement or provide the service you requested (e.g., software demo), we do this because it is necessary to fulfill your contract.
Sharing Personal Information
As a general rule, Limelight Software does not share your information with other organizations or individuals unless we receive your consent.
Your personal information might be disclosed in the following circumstances:
- Your personal data might be shared between the Limelight Software employees to fulfill our business obligations to you under our agreement. Limelight Software employees are bound by non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements that prevent them from sharing their personal information with any external party
- Your personal information might be disclosed to a third party (e.g., potential client prospect) under the condition we receive your full consent to be a reference and share your personal information.
- To satisfy any competent law enforcement body, regulatory or government agency, the court that we believe requested this information due to:
a. Applicable law or regulation
b. Defend our legal rights
c. Protect your vital interests
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding the website technical problem or security risk.
- If Limelight Software decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its business, such a transaction requires Limelight Software to disclose your personal information in some sort or form. We will inform you of such an event. Limelight Software does not sell personal data that it collects under this Privacy Statement.
Keeping your personal information secure
We intend to protect your personal information and maintain its accuracy. Limelight Software implements reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Your personal information is encrypted and stored on either our internal or cloud servers. For any security inquiries about the technical measures we take, you can email email@example.com
We will not retain personal information longer than necessary to fulfill our business obligations to you. Usually, we keep your data during an ongoing relationship with you, and we will also keep your data if so dictated by the applicable laws and regulations. When we have no legitimate business need to keep your data, we will delete it and take appropriate technical measures to prevent data recreation.
How to contact us
If you have a question about this privacy statement, please contact us using this form.
For the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the controller of your personal information is Limelight Software Inc., 4950 Yonge Street, Suite 2308 Toronto, Ontario M2N 6K1.
You can request to access, update, delete, or correct your personal information. You, or an authorized individual acting on your behalf, can exercise your rights by contacting us using this form. You have the right to opt-out from any marketing campaign by Limelight Software by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our data governance practices. When we update our Privacy Statement, we will take the necessary measures to inform you. The revised policy statement with the date updated will be posted on our website. After such revision, we consider that you have read and understood the changes when you continue using our website.